Hiking trails in Côtes-d’Armor
There are many walks around the campsite. The diversity is also the fame of Erquy. At each turn, a new landscape is offered to you.
The Blue Lakes Walk
From the port of Erquy, opposite the Maison de la Mer, climb the wooden staircase attached to the cliff, 40 m above the sea. Its hundreds of steps will lead you to a landscape that we particularly like between sea and mountains. Don’t forget to take a break halfway up the stairs to enjoy the view of the harbour, the lighthouse, the beach in the centre and the Sailors’ Chapel on the hill opposite. At the top of the stairs, a path strewn with stones but practicable allows you to discover the blue lakes!
Next to the pine and gorse lined surroundings, the first blue lake lined with cliffs, appears behind a low wall carved in the pink sandstone. It is rather gray and there is a mysterious atmosphere that leaves room for imagination… The blue lakes are former quarries and are definitely the result of the extraction of pink sandstone from the cliffs. In the past, workers cut the stone on site and the paving stones were transported by wagon and then by boat.
This is how this path, above the port of Erquy, was developed as an interpretation trail. A nice cultural and playful hike to explain to children and adults how pink sandstone was transformed into cobblestones in the past.
Hiking near Erquy
Discover the circuits in detail in the topo guide “Balades et Randonnées” available in the tourist information offices of Pléneuf Val-André, Erquy, Lamballe-Armor, Moncontour and Jugon les Lacs or downloadable on the site.
He offers you different tours in the Côtes d’Armor according to your desires:
- Trails on the cliffside with a magnificent view in a green setting.
- The discovery of bird colonies that nest on rocks.
- The discovery of small Breton ports such as Dahouët by taking the coastal path. You can discover a restored guardhouse which reminds us that we are indeed on the old customs path.
- The Fresnaye bay, one of the most beautiful sites on the Emerald Coast.
- Between the lake and the forest of Pleven : this very varied route with a water reservoir, a motte castrale, and the majestic medieval castle of La Hunaudaye. Most of this hike takes place in the undergrowth or in the middle of the fields.
- And many others…
When you return from your hike, sit down on the terrace of our snack bar and refresh yourself with a cool drink. Your children will no doubt want to take a swim in the water park of our Bellevue campsite before returning to your accommodation.