Concerned about our impact on the environment, we give a central place to respect the energy consumption of our campsite. This is why we decided to implement an environmental charter, in addition to being labeled Green Key. For you, for us and for future generations, we strive to minimize the impact of our activity on the environment.
We educate our teams and customers
We received specific training on the issues of sustainable tourism, environmental preservation and corporate social responsibility. In practice, this means that:
- Our teams are trained in “Eco gestures” to respect in their daily tasks;
- We choose our service providers and suppliers according to their sustainable and social commitments;
- We provide our customers with information booklets and an arbor on the camping plants:
- We offer many alternatives to limit travel by car: bike rental, shuttles in summer, public transport.
Water and energy saving
Afin de réduire notre consommation d’eau et d’énergie, nous avons installé :
- Des économiseurs d’eau sur les robinets et les douches afin de ne pas épuiser la ressource ;
- Un récupérateur d’eau pour arroser les espaces verts et limiter ainsi l’usage d’eau potable ;
- Des détecteurs de présence/minuterie dans les espaces communs pour limiter le gaspillage d’énergie ;
- Des panneaux solaires pour l’eau chaude et un contrat avec un fournisseur d’énergie verte.
Then, it’s a lot of small daily gestures that make the difference:
- Each month, we raise water and electricity meters to better manage our consumption;
- To feed our flushes in the toilets, we use rainwater;
- We replace each bulb with an LED or low-energy bulb (more than 80% of our lighting is already equipped with it).
And we continue our actions as we develop our activities.
Waste Limit and Sorting
In order to limit and sort all our waste, we carry out many actions:
- The setting up of several selective sorting points (all our rentals are equipped with a pre-collection bin);
- Sorting of all types of waste (including bio waste for recovery by our hens and our composter);
- Welcome products are only available on request to limit the production of packaging waste;
- The majority of our products are in bulk or large packaging to avoid unnecessary packaging;
- The setting up of displays to support our customers in the gesture sorting, in accordance with local regulations;
- We do not offer any disposable dishes and provide reusable eco-cups during stays.
Well-being of ours clients
Consume better without depriving oneself! You will find in our grocery store many products from our region and directly from producers. We also have a local market every Tuesday.
On the kitchen side, our meals are made with seasonal and local products while adapting to certain special diets. The menus of our restaurants/snacks offer organic and/or fair trade products.
As for maintenance, all our products are eco-labelled for better air quality and less risk to health. In particular, we have bleach, irritating to respiratory and toxic to aquatic organisms.
And much more!
Some more notable facts:
- All our green spaces are maintained without pesticides and we use alternative methods to products to control weeds;
- We work with battery-powered electrical equipment to avoid noise nuisances;
- We have partnerships with local resources for the donation of our old equipment/furniture;
Every year, we commit to new criteria to perfect our approach. If you have ideas, we are takers!
Thank you for supporting us in our approach during your stay!